School uniform is an essential part of life here at Milecastle as it not only provides a sense of belonging, but also one of unity and inclusion. It creates a sense of pride in their school for the children and allows them to feel part of the school community where everyone is treated equally.
Milecastle has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform. Please note uniform does not have to display the school logo.
We require all children to wear full school uniform, including appropriate footwear in accordance with our uniform code below.
Our Uniform Code
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan
- White polo shirt
- Black or dark grey trousers or skirt (shorts or a red pinafore dress may also be worn in the summer)
- Black shoes (not trainers) – if you do not have the correct footwear, school sandshoes will be provided for the day
- Nail varnish and makeup are NOT permitted
- No jewellery allowed including NO earrings of any kind
- Plain hairbands and bobbles only
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plain black sports shorts
- Plain red or black sweatshirt or hoodie
- Plain black or navy jogging bottoms (not leggings)
- Trainers and sandshoes for indoor PE (these will be kept in school throughout the year)